week 2


This time we´re gonna talk about gender roles in Burkina Faso. Obviously, we gotta start with my stereotypes:

So First of all, I believe women in Burkina Faso are always at the home, taking care of children and their husbands take care of them. so I ask myself, also men are really drunk all the time and they have more freedom than women

1.  Do men have more freedom than a woman?

2. Do women have to be always at home?

3. Do woman and men works or just men? 

In my research, I found this.

What I found is really sad for occidental culture but I won´t say is bad because I don´t want to be ethnocentrist so I will be objective  so:


People in Burkina Faso still believe in traditional practices that make men can decide about woman lives,  their childhood ends soon because they must marry a man, a woman can´t take contraceptive without the husband´s authorization. if a woman is raped, she must have to pay for her health service, they are always in home and can´t work because their man takes care of them.

Comentarios